Data driven. Versatile.
Marketing with style
and substance. Show me more...
engaging and compelling
video since your wedding
tape. It was beautiful.
We’re not crying.
You’re crying. Show me more...
and innovative designs
outside the box.
Actually, there is no box.
Or is there…? Show me more...
the ground up.
Absolutely no hacking
required. Show me more...
Facebook ‘Shops’ taking the next step into the world of augmented reality
In the wake of COVID-19’s massive impact on retailers, Facebook is doubling down on shopping investment with sweeping new updates to their shopping platform.
Facebook Shops– launched in 2020- was the company’s first venture into the world of eCommerce, allowing users to continue to shop online without needing to exit the Facebook or Instagram app.
The platform recently announced some exciting new technologies that would be integrated into the Shops experience:
- Augmented Reality technology:
- Facebook has plans to work with virtual reality providers, allowing customers to try on apparel with their camera without needing to be physically in store.
- Product matching:
- Users can now use their cameras to take a photo of products; Facebook will begin a deep search of existing retailers on Shops and suggest similar products.
- Augmented Reality Dynamic Ads:
- Using Facebook’s Spark AR Hub, you’ll soon be able to look through a catalogue and place virtual objects in your real home photos. Not sure if that new sofa will fit in your living room? Grab a virtual version of that sofa, add it to a picture of your space and see if it’s a perfect match.
Not only will this make it easier for consumers to find brands or products that are relevant, but retailers will also benefit from the increased number of touchpoints with potential customers.
It’s shaping up to be an exciting year for digital shoppers, as evolving technology steadily blurs the line between buying in store and buying online.
CEO Mark Zuckerberg said that ‘we’re bringing Shops to more places’ when he announced plans to bring Facebook Shops to Whatsapp as well as Marketplace on Facebook.