Data driven. Versatile.
Marketing with style
and substance. Show me more...
engaging and compelling
video since your wedding
tape. It was beautiful.
We’re not crying.
You’re crying. Show me more...
and innovative designs
outside the box.
Actually, there is no box.
Or is there…? Show me more...
the ground up.
Absolutely no hacking
required. Show me more...
Business Development Manager (Advertising)
Smith Brothers Media is one of the fastest-growing digital marketing agencies in Australia, providing clients with full-service strategies, across the key areas of marketing, design, video and development. We support a massive range of clients with business solutions across the board.
Does this sound like you?
- You’re an experienced media, creative or digital agency professional, raring to get out there and speak to many different businesses, rather than a fixed group of clients.
- Your ears instantly prick up when you hear the words: growth, brief, opportunity, new sales and networking.
- You have a ‘win-win’ attitude and want to work with an incredible team of digital, design, video & marketing professionals.
We’re looking for a Business Development Manager to join our friendly, fast-growing team, dedicated to providing valuable services to our clients that are in line with our core values.
To succeed in the role, you’ll need to develop strong and extensive referral networks, or leverage off your current networks and contacts to successfully negotiate, drive sales and build business growth.
The ideal candidate for this role is a detail-oriented problem solver with excellent communication skills. The ability to think on your feet is a huge plus, as is multitasking!
Skills & Experience required (along with a proven track record):
- Networking, rapport & relationship building.
- Presentation skills.
- 5 years minimum experience in a B2B sales role.
- Campaign management and strategic planning experience.
- Development of online advertising campaigns.
- 3 years managing clients within the marketing or design industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated business sourcing and relationship management skills.
- An understanding of the full range of digital marketing activities.
- Minor CMS & web development experience is a bonus.
- Ideally some experience with mainstream media (not essential)
Stakeholder management is critical, and you’ll need to work seamless in a mid-level management environment, mainly working with Tier 2 & 3 clients.
- New client acquisition.
- Identifying sales leads for clients that need our services.
- Relationship management/client services & support.
- Expanding our client base through lead generation and networking
- Working closely with our account management team to help in maintaining existing client relationships and expand product offerings as they arise.
- Pitching Smith Brothers Media’s full service offering, from Marketing problem solving to Web Development, Design, Video, Content, Social, PPC and more.
- Accurately tracking and reporting on sales pipeline progress. Providing regular, ongoing reports to all stakeholders, including clients and SBM management.
While this job will involve selling our services, what you’re really selling is the opportunity to work with outstanding, sincere and dedicated professionals. You start the process, but you also play a key role in maintaining a good working relationship with new clients.
Does all of this sound like you? Let’s chat.
Please include a cover letter and a resume with the subject: Business Development Manager.
If you haven’t heard from us within 4 weeks, unfortunately, your application has not been successful.
Absolutely no cold callers or recruitment agents please.
You must have full working rights within Australia.